Organization is key in any household but when you are in an RV it is a must if you want to keep your sanity!
Good organization can make or break your rv experience.
My golden rule of organization in any space is, everything has a home! However, when space is limited it is crucial!
Your keys, shoes, hand bag, jackets, dog leash and yes even your cleaning supplies all have a set home!
You can be the most organized person, but if your family isn’t following suit, it can quickly turn to a mess. So how do you help make sure that happens? Everything needs a place and space.
By making sure that everything has a proper home it helps keep things going back to their original place. Keeping you happy, and things organized! Nothing is worse than picking up a small space all day!
Here are my top tips to organizing your smaller spaces!
• Bins and Baskets will quickly become your best friend, our kids each have baskets for school work, clothing, shoes, and even baskets for toys.
• Think vertical most RV spaces have a lot of storage vertically. Some of my best bins are from Walmart. They get an A+ from me for their stacking ability. Plus they are clear, this is a huge timesaver when looking for things.
• Our bathroom, again so many baskets and bins! Hair items, extra bathroom supplies and medicines you guessed it, baskets.
• Labeling is your second best friend! A P-Touch labeler can truly make your life so much easier! Label away! This also helps family know exactly where things go!
• Get creative not everything is going to live in the room that you would typically use it for example, sometimes those larger bulkier kitchen items will have to live in storage underneath your RV, or perhaps tucked away in a closet.
• Lastly, less is always more in a smaller space! Think about what you really need. This goes for paper supplies, food, clothing, kitchen items and even linens! Just by simply reducing what you’re packing in your RV you will start by needing to organize less.
Head to our resources tab to download our FREE Organization Guide!
I hope these tips help you keep your rv organized and your sanity intact! Happy camping!